I was very honoured to be invited by Locarno Festival Critics Academy director and festival programmer Daniela Persico (one half of the marvellous Filmidée film criticism and film education duo) to screen some recent and new video works and participate in several roundtables and workshops at this year’s festival in southern Switzerland.
Five of my audiovisual essays (see below) were curated in the Interfaces, Bodies, Gazes programme by Persico, alongside a selection of videographic works by Kevin B. Lee and Oswald Iten. The screening programme followed the Film Criticism in Motion: Audiovisual Explorations on Film round table event on August 6th, 2017, which also featured my collaborator and [in]Transition co-editor colleague Chiara Grizzaffi, who presented the trailer for the fantastic Per una controstoria del cinema italiano project.
- The Secret Thoughts of Laura Jesson (as Voiced by Celia Johnson) (2017), 5’ 53’’
- Beast Fables 1: “Your mother can’t be with you any more” (2017), 2’ 57’’
- Beast Fables 4: “You should have told me, Mother” (2017), 5’ 56’’
- Beast Fables 5: “You’re so very cruel” (2017), 2’
- Therese & Carol & Alec & Laura (A Brief Encounter) (2015), 1’ 19’’